Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some More Bears

I've been working on some more bears.  I've done all of the sewing by hand when I've been sewing the fur.  I've used the machine for clothes and the bears made out of wadding.  I think that hand sewing gives a much neater finish - what do other bear makers think?

I'm enjoying it immensely and can't wait to start the next one.  The next one is Millie and she is another bear doll.  This time with a cloth body and only fur on head, feet and arms.  It should be interesting to make this one.  I bought a pattern today for a 5 inch bear - that should be a challenge.  She's fully jointed and the cutest little thing.

Here are the latest photos:
These are both Elle Jane bear-dolls.  They are very, cute and lovely to make.
This is James.  He is the most adorable little bear - only about 11 inches high.  Made out of mohair.  I'm hoping to make him again.

This bear is called Summer in the pattern.  I haven't named him as I don't think he's a summer.  I want to make a lighter coloured one that I can call Summer.  Not sure what to call this bear, but I believe he's a boy!

Cheers

Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment